Hardware/Software.

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: .::/3I§ON::.

NATAN
Site Admin

Hardware/Software.

Unread post by NATAN »

A few weeks ago I decided to try another keyboard and mouse. I was using a wireless digital mouse and keyboard, combined with wireless internet. Sometimes I felt it was just reacting to slow. (Talking milliseconds probably).
Now i'm using a wired digital mouse (G5) and gaming-keyboard (G11). Both Logitech. Also the internet is now cabled.The keys at the board light up in the dark, so even when I have to send messages in the dark it works fine.
Is it really that important to have a good mouse and keyboard or is this just spinning in my head? I think the reaction time has improved a lot and I got more kills since I use the new hardware.
How is it with software? Is cache cleaning also a must?
What are all u guys/girls experience with that? Improve your skills/gameplay by using other kind of material?
{DOU}(-:__NATAN__:-) - ( Clan DOU Recruitment Officer )

Coming Soon: http://clandou.com/cms/

"For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky"

Take a look at http://www.retro-en-design.com :)
*DARKMATTER*

Re: Hardware/Software.

Unread post by *DARKMATTER* »

yes i think a good mouse is important also using a cache cleaner which can be found on the download section of the website speeds up connection of the game once in the server...
Draco

Unread post by Draco »

A good mouse is a must. The higher the DPI mouse, the better. I use a Razer Lachesis which is 4000 DPI laser mouse. I run it cranked all the way and have the in-game mouse setting set to 0.65. The result is a much more precise aim. I also have mouse-smoothing off in-game and mouse acceleration turned off in windows. The reason behind this is that mouse acceleration and smoothing bases cursor speed and distance on 2 things: speed and distance of how you move your mouse. The faster you move the mouse, the farther windows moves your cursor. You wanna eliminate the speed factor and only set it to where it's only based on distance, that way if it takes 3 inches across your mousepad to do 90 degrees it will always be 3 inches for 90 degrees, 6 inches for 180 degrees and 12 inches to do 360 degrees. If you leave mouse-smoothing on, say you move the mouse 3 inches at a steady slow pace once, it may only go 90 degrees. You move it 3 inches fast to turn to hit someone, mouse acceleration and smoothing will kick in and you could go 120 degrees. Because of smoothing and acceleration, you will never be consistent. Once you makes these changes, if you set your sensitivity to where it only takes 2 inches to do 90 degrees it will always be that no matter how fast or slow you move the mouse. After a while, you develop muscle memory and it becomes second nature how far to move your mouse to get where you want to shoot. There you go... That's the secret to how it seems some players can get an instant lock and kill on you before you can even get zeroed in. Have a good one.

~Johnny Jones
Badmotor

Unread post by Badmotor »

While I agree with Draco on the settings aspect for the mouse, I will have to disagree with having to spend money on getting those gaming appliances. I will state that I have a Death Adder and a Lachesis mouse along with a Fang for both of my rigs, I feel that you don't need to go out and spend the money on these things. It took me some time to get to the point of upgrading to use those (3 years). Start with the standard equipment that you have on your rig and adjust your settings as Draco said. After a while if you feel that you have out grown your equipment then upgrade. I will use the golfing expression: Just because you can smash a standard driver 200 yards don't get the Big Bertha so you can put it out there 400 yards because you will end up putting it 400 yards out of bounds, practice then upgrade.

Return to “General Board”