*SPOILERS* Trek movie discussion *SPOILERS*

Movies, TV, Music, Vegas...if it's entertainment related it goes here.
{DOU}Cygnus

*SPOILERS* Trek movie discussion *SPOILERS*

Unread post by {DOU}Cygnus »

If you HAVEN'T seen the movie and you don't want to know what happens then this thread is not for you.

SPOILERS AHEAD!

SPOILERS AHEAD!

LAST WARNING!
{DOU}Cygnus

Re: *SPOILERS* Trek movie discussion *SPOILERS*

Unread post by {DOU}Cygnus »

Liked:
-The alternate timeline which opens up the entire ST universe to be re-imagined. It also conveniently provides an out for any unintentional departures from original series.

-The effects were outstanding.

-Karl Urban pulled off McCoy. I just couldn't imagine him in the role but it turned out great.

Disliked:
-Spock/Uhura relationship. Didn't see a point to make that change.

-McCoy making Kirk sick to get him on the Enterprise...It was overdone a tad. Yeah, of course there should be some humor involving those two but this went to the point of silliness IMO.

-Vulcan destroyed. I just didn't care for it. Too much of a departure from the original.

-Chekhov and Scotty. I got used to the new Scotty a bit by the end of the movie but the new Chekhov just didn't seem right to me. Maybe he'll be more involved in the next flick.
Draco

Unread post by Draco »

Hey, at least they kept up that tradition of the No-Named dude in the red shirt. Engineer Olsen didn't return from the mission. :lol: :lol: :lol:

~Johnny Jones
Evil

Unread post by Evil »

Yeah I wondered how a guy that's been playing badass tough guys would play a skinny grumpy mccoy, but Urban did an excellent job.

Return to “Entertainment Central”